Wednesday, November 26, 2014

ZCode NHL Picks: Edmonton Oilers VS Dallas Stars

Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 4.10.44 PM

This line is a bit too sharp for my liking but I'm grabbing it because it nicely fits the system in every way except the line. I usually prefer more modest favorites but this match-up is pretty much as close as what I'm looking for. Let's look closely:




Eventhough it sounds a bit sharp, The Z-Code Robot has a 4.5 valuation on this NHL match-up while suggesting a 62% probability of victory for the Stars. I'm pretty much in agreement with this assessment after taking a close look at it again.

From my analysis, the Dallas Stars seemed to have recently turned a corner, while their opponent, Edmonton Oilers are fresh off a 5 game losing streak. The caveat there is those 5 games were lost during a 5 game home-stand which is pretty bad. This bad stretch must be disastrous for such a young team with not enough veterans to steer them away from the bottom. On the other hand, the Stars are looking much better and is entering this game with all the momentum they could had possibly hoped for. Being at home, they have the right to the last changes and could make use of match-up edges to get vulnerable stuck out there. I'm confident this could make all the difference in this NHL game.

So let's go over it..Goal-tending favors the home team which is Dallas....Momentum is also on Dallas's side...And finally, they have the better talent overall. Edmonton is on a terrible roll and sometimes, you need a similarly bad team on a bad stretch to finally get out of the losing streak. Unfortunately for the Oilers, Dallas is not it, so I see another lost for the Oilers.

My Final Verdict: Dallas 4- 2 Oilers.

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment